Multiple 100 continue responses from CGI application

From: Neelesh D. Pandit <neeleshp@geometricsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:05:38 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-talk@w3.org
Hello www-talk,

I'm trying to return "heartbeats" to the client from one thread of a CGI
application while the main thread does a lot of number crunching.

The heartbeats are in the form of standard "100 continue" HTTP
The problem I've run into is as follows:

- First 100 continue is returned as correct HTTP response by the client.

- Second 100 continue is seen as part of the data of the above HTTP
response.

So I need a way to delineate HTTP responses from CGI.

The CGI spec
(http://cgi-spec.golux.com/draft-coar-cgi-v11-01-clean.html) seems to be
silent on this. Section 7.2.1.3 mentions the format of "Status:" but
doesn't mention anything of returning multiple status codes during
processing.

In the first place, CAN A CGI APP RETURN MULTIPLE 100 Continue

Thanks and regards,
Neelesh
--
Neelesh D. Pandit