Re: Signing Document and PICS

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 14:58:35 +0100
To: "Russell O'Connor" <roconnor@math.berkeley.edu>, <www-talk@w3.org>
> Exclusions don't exist in XML, so nested A elements are
> unfortunately valid XHTML.

You can't blame XML for that - it's down to the crappy schema
languages we have to use. If we could use TREX/Schematron etc. (?) I
guess we would be able to constrain that any inline element in an
anchor cannot have an anchor within itself.

> XHTML is the beginning of the migration towards
> namespaces,

What's wrong with that? Givng a document a globally unique and
certifiable (not always) name - quite useful for uniqueness, one day
useful for validation, and certainly useful on the SW.

> Any document on the web should be signable,

Agreed.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer