Re: Signing Document and PICS

From: Russell O'Connor <roconnor@math.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 17:23:47 -0700 (PDT)
To: <www-talk@w3.org>

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> Which may answer some questions. If your document is an XHTML page, then you
> can stick it in since it is safely in another namespace. If it's not XHTML
> then you can convert it at:
>
> http://check.theinfo.org/html/tidy

I'm not going to migrate to XHTML.  I don't like XHTML.  I'd prefer a
solution using META elements, or HTTP headers.  PICS had this property.

> > Also, the RDF data is useless to me without a digital signature.  PICS has
> > DSIG, where is the analogus thing for RDF?
>
> You'll want to use the Web-of-Trust's Assurance:

WOT doesn't seem to actually exist.

I'm starting to get the feeling that RDF doesn't have the functionality of
DSIG yet.

- --
Russell O'Connor                           roconnor@math.berkeley.edu
           <http://www.math.berkeley.edu/~roconnor/>
``Paradoxically, a refusal to `put a monetary value on life' means that
life is often undervalued.'' -- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach