Re: Implementing HTTP PUT

Fish <fish@infidels.org> wrote:

> What do you mean by: "What type of RESPONSE should be returned with an error
> [RESPONSE] and a 200 OK [RESPONSE]..."? (emphasis mine)
>
> Could you perhaps mean which of the variety of *response HEADERS* should/must
> one include in their response to a PUT request??

You're right, I don't quite know the proper terminology, so I'm being a bit
unclear. What I'm really curious about is the mix of headers and body that
is included. Mostly the body, to be truthful. Does it matter? In my first
experimentation with it, when I returned a 200 response with a text/plain
body of "OK", Amaya claimed there was an error of "OK". So I believe I'm
missing something.

What I'd love is just simple traces of a 200 response, an error response,
and even a 201 response would be nice.

Thanks for your help,