HTTP connection and multiple servers...

From: Naresh Jain <narej@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:57:08 -0700
To: <www-talk@w3.org>
Hi,

<newbie question>I have a scenario where I would like to do a login
action on a webserver. The login action takes two steps and I want them
to both happen on the same physical box. The webserver is actually a
farm of boxes. Is there any way, I can guarantee that whatever box
served up the login page, also processes the login request in the second
step?

CLIENT                                    SERVER FARM (with several
boxes)
1. Types the Login page URL
and hits go.
                                              2. One of the boxes sends
the login page back.
3. Fills in login info and
hits submit form
                                             4. One of the boxes
processes the request
(I would like the boxes in steps 2 and 4 to be the same, is this
possible through any HTTP/other protocol/product?)

Thx!

Naresh