RE: WWW: Interoperability Crisis?

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 13:06:32 -0800
To: "'Wilbur Streett'" <WStreett@mail.Monmouth.com>
Cc: <www-talk@w3.org>, <www-html@w3.org>
I wrote:
>> Again, I recommend the WAI IG list for advice.

Wilbur Streett replied:
> You can't even write out the name of the group.

My reply:
My apologies. I presumed that since you are an expert on the needs of the
blind, you would already be familiar with the WAI. The WAI is the Web
Accessibility Initiative, a project of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
The WAI IG is the WAI's Interest Group. It is described on the W3C site
thus:

"Activity in terms of meeting agenda, presentations being made, results, but
also exchange ideas, and give input to the working group."

You can access the Web Accessibility Initiative's web page here:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/

You can also subscribe to the Interest Group's mailing list. Directions can
be found here:

http://www.w3.org/Mail/

Essentially, you subscribe by sending an email to w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org
with the word subscribe in the Subject header.

As for the rest of your rebuttal, as far as I can see you are simply
reiterating what you said in earlier posts, albeit with considerably more
sarcasm and bile. Since I already stated my views clearly in a previous
post, I see no reason to waste time in pointless (and off-topic) discussion,
though there may be others on this list who wish to take issue with some of
your comments.

Charles F. Munat
Seattle, Washington