RE: mailto: links being converted to lowercase

From: Fish <fish@infidels.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:56:54 -0800
To: <www-talk@w3.org>
> I am using Internet Explorer 5.0 and outlook 98.  When I paste a mailto URL
> into the Address bar
> (eg."mailto:me@myserver.com?subject=TestSubject&body=BodyBody") all the
> uppercase characters are being translated into lowercase when being inserted
> into the e-mail.
>
> Any idea why this is happening, how how to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Colin Gibb
> Software Developer
> Chaps Group Marketing Inc. (CGS)
> Markham, Ontario, Canada
> email: cgibb@chapsgroup.com
> http://www.chapsgroup.com

1. What do you mean by "When I paste..."? Manually via the mouse or keyboard? Or
programmatically via code (e.g. JavaScript)?

2. I just tried it manually and it worked fine. Sounds like either IE, Outlook,
or some MAPI dll might be broke.

3. Isn't this a more of a support question better answered by Microsoft
Technical Support (or by one of the public microsoft Usenet forums) than a
www-talk question?

--
"Fish" (David B. Trout)
   fish@infidels.org