Re: WWW: Interoperability Crisis?

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:21:38 -0000
To: "Brian Milloy" <bmilloy@interlog.com>, "Aaron Swartz" <aswartz@swartzfam.com>, "Wilbur Streett" <WStreett@mail.Monmouth.com>
Cc: <www-talk@w3.org>, <www-html@w3.org>
> I don't know anyone with a disability, so I don't see why I should care
> about them. They can't be that important, right? Why don't they just ask
> friend to tell them what stuff looks like? It's there problem, not mine.

*sigh* I didn't mean for this to turn into a discussion about how WWW
Interoperability compares to the atrocities conducted in WWII. I did, on
the other hand, explicity point out that Aaron was playing the Devils
Advocate, even if for no apparent reason: there was a reason. Many people
do think like that, even if Aaron doesn't. But how can we stop the WWW
degrading to this level of intolerable inaccessibility?

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer