HTTP Conformance Testing

From: Trevor Russ <TrevorR@gemini.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:22:51 -0600
To: www-talk@w3.org
Are there any tools for testing the conformance of a server to the HTTP 1.1
specification?  I've spent a while prowling for such things (yes, even
searching the list archives), but it looks like most conformance testing is
either for HTTP clients, or for HTML documents.  I even found
http://www.w3.org/Test/ after some digging, but that looks like it is
geared towards testing client applications.

Specifically, we want to test how well-formed the HTTP responses of a
server are.

Thanks,
Trevor Russ