Re: Semantic Document Framework(s)

From: Nic Ferrier <nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:25:21 +0000
To: sean@mysterylights.com, cagle@olywa.net, aswartz@swartzfam.com
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, www-talk@w3.org, klevy@xmlfund.com
>>> "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com> 09-Nov-00 11:46:44 PM
>>>

>[2] English is just a complicated programming language.
>At the end of the day it is still processable, if not quite as
>easy as SGML/XML systems. With rules etc., it will be made
>easier. It's not really AI: just a very very complex system, that
>looks like AI.

That's not true thought is it? English has to many ambiguities to
work as a programming language...

Although I'm sure it's possible to use a semantically un-ambiguous
subset of English if you want to you then end up with the problem that
you make it harder to write (because you've got to remember which bits
of English you can't use - it's hard being un-ambiguous in English).

And try parsing the above scentance with a computer program.

There is a natural language that is computer parsable... I can't
remember what it's called though.

Nic Ferrier