Re: Frames

From: Ari Gordon-Schlosberg <regs@nebcorp.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 18:14:36 -0500
To: www-talk@w3c.org
[Grahame Grieve <grahame@kestral.com.au>]
> well, this can punish the band-width, since what was being stored
> was java and javascript stuff.
>
> However this would be a bit fragile. It would be nice to have
> persistent local storage on the browser as part of the standard

True, persistent state on the browser side a desirable thing.  I was
thinking of an architecture where the logic is kept in the browser cache,
and the state is updated on a page-by-page basis.  You are correct in that
it requires more communication.

--
Ari							there is no spoon
http://www.nebcorp.com/~regs/pgp for PGP public key