Re: Enforce reloading of page when using the back-button

From: Christian Bhn <chrb@online.no>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 22:29:57 +0100
To: <www-talk@w3.org>, "Grahame Grieve" <grahame@kestral.com.au>

> >We tested this and it works to break the back button for IE4, IE5.1,
> >Netscape 3.04 And 4.04. All of the pages made a new request to the
server.

> Note that this doesn't break the back button, but does remove caching
> of the pages in the history list. Does anyone know of anything that is
broken
> by this?
Opera 3.6 is broken when giving a statuscode like 299, I tested and an error
message box popped up and no page was displayed. I didn't get it to work
with NS 4.7 (or was it 4.51) either. After re-reading this thread again I
realised why the Cache-Control, Expires headers didn't work. I was issuing a
HTTP/1.0 instead of HTTP/1.1. Switching to HTTP/1.1 it worked fine with both
NS and IE, but not Opera.

Christian