Re: Enforce reloading of page when using the back-button

From: William R Green <billg@greensupply.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 11:10:52 -0600
To: Christian BÝhn <chrb@online.no>, <www-talk@w3.org>
A simple JavaScript should suit your needs.

I dont have my book in front of me right now for specifics, but I do know
there is a function called "onLoad" that will force a reloaded page each
time it is visited.  There is also "onSize" that will force a reload upon
resize of the screen.  Etc...etc...

Any JavaScript book will be extremely informative of these little tricks
and is well worth the investment.

At 08:50 PM 3/7/00 +0100, Christian BÝhn wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to make the browser reload a page from server when the
>back-button is used. I have tried the "Pragma", "Cache-control" and
>"Expires" headers, but it doesn't prevent the browser from loading the page
>from cache when the back-button is used. (for example IE5 does load it from
>cache). I would like to avoid this in some cases, and have the browser to
>send a new request so the server could determine if the user is still logged
>in (ie hasn't clicked any logout button on a page), and if not, show a not
>logged in page, rather than the previos content of the page.
>
>Is this possible? Thanks a lot in advance!
>
>Christian

Bill Green
Green Supply
3059 Audrain Road 581