Multi-part web output

From: <wanish@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:23:43 -0500 (EST)
To: www-talk@w3.org
I'm building a dynamic document, and I have three things in my server
plug-in. I have composed a text message with things like inventory count,
and have two pictures of the merchadise in GIF format. I cannot let the
parts flow separately and need to bundle them all in one response (ie,
persistent connections don't help). I could have them in either binary or
BASE64 format.

I've tried to use a multipart MIME response, but Netscape just overlays the
3 segments and InternetExplorer just doesn't recognize anything beyond
HTML.

I've looked at both EMBED and OBJECT, but don't see the content as 'inline'
with anything that specifies Content-Encoding or it's equivalent in any
examples.  Got a sample? Also, do we know what the base levels of the
browsers are that support these?   Thanks. Paul

Paul Wanish