quickie: client force no headers in server response

From: Davin <s2207754@cse.unsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 03:27:16 -0500 (EST)
To: www-talk@w3.org
Guys, is there anyway I can force the server to not send the HTTP header.
I know you can use HEAD to get the headers, but is there a reverse of HEAD
to receive only the entity.

My program simply calls socket() to port 80 of a server.Then write() "GET
<url>", block on read() and pending the server implementation I receive
the header or not. Is there a way I can force it to simply send the
entity, so I'm guaranteed to receive the body, no matter what
implementation server I'm connecting to.

There's a kludge I could do, and that is, the RFC states that the header
and entity should be separated by a CRLF, but thats too dirty to program
for, especially when you don't know when servers send the header of not. I
have to keep in mind that I cannot assume what the response format may be,
ie text, gif, etc..

Anyone found themselves in this situation before?
Thanks,
Davin.