Re: Static? Dynamic?

From: Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:33:44 -0700 (PDT)
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
cc: www-talk@w3.org
:->Mike Meyer wrote:
:->>  I want something that has the same looks and interface as a
:->> link. [and yet invokes METHOD=POST]
:->
:->I suggest it would be anti-social to take this bit
:->of user interface that everybody knows and radically
:->change the semantics of it. Right now, everybody knows
:->its harmless to follow a link, just like it's harmless
:->to turn the pages of a book. It would be antisocial
:->if, by turning to page 100, I deleted my bank account
:->or some such.

You are absolutely correct - such usage would be antisocial. Of
course, you can create a link that does that *RIGHT NOW*. What you
can't do is tell the browser that this link isn't safe.

Like I said - the move to XML/XSL is probably going to make this
irrelevant.

	<mike