Receive File through Proxy !!

From: Kid <ronw@elang.stts.ac.id>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 05:09:39 +0700 (JAVT)
To: www-talk@w3.org

maybe this is easy question but i hope someone could help me !!

I search in the library but i didn't see that anyone already talk about
this !! The problem is i have a proxy which name is proxy.stts.edu and
port 8080. I want to receive file through that proxy.
I can receive file with GET command in HTTP ( but this is not use proxy ).
So what is the difference between receive file through proxy and not
through proxy ??.
I hope someone could help me to solve this problem. I really appreciate it
if there is some resource or maybe some site that i can use to solve my
problem. Because i already search in everywhere and give no result at all.

Thanks For All Attention
Ronny