Re: user credential passing standard

From: <tvaughan@aventail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:24:35 -0400 (EDT)
To: kdyer@draper.com
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
"Kevin J. Dyer" <kdyer@draper.com> writes:

> Tom,
>
>   You didn't mention if the servers are in the same Domain.  If they are then
> using a combination of Domain cookies and a common authentication server to
> your
> servers would probably do the trick.  Digest authentication is better but
> as people have already stated, it ain't there yet.  Are you worried about
> session timouts, single signon, access control and simplified administration?
> You might want to look at a commercial SSO system for web servers.

I am developing a commercial SSO system of sorts. I just want to plan for
some level of interopability.

And I guess the servers I have in mind are in the same domain. But I would
think that the user credential "data" would be the same in either case. I
am less interested in "how" this data would be passed in these two cases.

-Tom