How to capture HTTP headers sent by a browser that use SSL?

From: Tech Bull <techbull@mailexcite.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:40:51 -0700
To: www-talk@w3.org
Hi there,

I am trying to write a script to fetch information
 stored on a web server that use SSL (instead of using
the browser). I am basically trying to simulate the
 browser action from the perl script. I have installed
 all the SSLeay perl module.

For non-SSL pages, I can run a proxy server and track
down the HTTP headers sent,  however this won't work
for SSL pages which is encrypted after the headers are
sent out.

My question is, short of hacking the browser code and
print out the HTTP headers in the browser source code,
is there any tools that I can readily use to print out
the HTTP headers sent out by a browser to a web page
using SSL?

thanks,

http://www.mailexcite.com