Re: Patent pending: Network-based classified information systems.

> Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> wrote:
> You would be able to use a search engine to search, for example, for the
> web pages:
> 1. having the classification "motor vehicle repairers",
> 2. having a service location within a specific geographic area,
> 3. nominating a particular brand name (eg of motor vehicle),
> 4. having particular keywords etc.

First, there is prior art in your patent area -- we did this a long
time ago when the web first started getting popular.  But content
providers haven't been willing to provide such information for
whatever reasons.

And in any case, creating a new <CCG> tag is unnecessary, you can
do everything you suggest (and more) using combinations of <META>,
<LINK>, and <A> link relationships.

    <RANT>
    Why won't IE and Netscape implement link relationships!
    There are *SO* many amazing things you could do with
    them if they would just get off their ass.

    Ah well, when the netscape sources come out you know what
    part I will be hacking on :)
    </RANT>

If you want to compete with the Yellow Pages then you will have hire...
    > An army of people are required just to gather the data for basic
    > one line entries in the yellow pages. Another army is employed
    > selling, producing and publishing display advertisements. A battalion
    > is employed in delivering and recycling the books.

> am trying to provide improvements in web searching technology which
> businesses will find valuable enough to license.
So I would have license the use of the <CCG> tag from you.  Good luck,
NOBODY will ever go for that, that is a ludicrous concept on the face of
it -- I will just use the <META> tag, thank you very much.