Is there an address limit on MAILTO tag?

From: Andrea Sacchetto <asacchetto@directw.it>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 08:55:02 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-talk@w3.org>
Andrea from italy...
Is there an address limit on MAILTO tag?
I mean ... I wrote a JavaScript application that take a series of E-Mail addresses, made a unique list and tried to send it as a string after mailto in this way...

                               parent.location='mailto:ad1@sdfg.it;ad2@ergt.it...'

it works well but unfortunately whe the addresses are more than 22 an error occurred...
Someone can help me please?

                                                            thanks a lot!!!
                                                                Andrea.