Re: Metadata and the Internet as Communities Network

From: Steven Clift <clift@freenet.msp.mn.us>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 12:06:26 +0000
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
CC: www-talk@w3.org
> The consumer interest in metainformation is best couched in
> questions.  Metadata proposals say "I can associate your objects
> with these facts."  The consumer needs to come to the table
> saying "Can your solution answer these questions?"
>
> --Al Gilman

Al,

Thanks for the great advice.  Perhaps others might have specific
suggestions on which tables "consumers" or Internet users/content
developers should send their requests for "solutions."

It is clear that Netscape, Microsoft, and others are keen to provide
technical solutions for a set of electronic commerce needs.  I see
many of those needs as similar to community building needs, but I'd
like to target my messages to the right people in the right places.

So who at Microsoft, Netscape, ... should be contacted about issues
in this area?

Steven Clift
Democracies Online

     Steven L. Clift, Director, Democracies Online
     3454 Fremont Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408 USA
     Tel: 612-824-3747  E: clift@freenet.msp.mn.us

  http://www.e-democracy.org/do/ - Democracies Online
  http://freenet.msp.mn.us/people/clift/ -  Home Page