Re: Single Sign-On / Multiple Servers.

From: Mike Meyer <mwm@contessa.phone.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 15:23:07 PST
To: www-talk@w3.org
Cc: mxenakis@pscwa.psca.com
> Has anyone out there done any work w/ this, or have ideas on how to =
> handle the problem? A more specific description being as such...

I've just starting facing it. The only small-systems solution I've
been able to come up with is a proxy of some sort. If you've got
enough hardware to dedicate one to the job, that probably works fine
for a while. But if you're trying to unload a single processor, it
doesn't help much.

The large-systems solution is to go to a scalable architecture (I
believe that means RISC), so you can add more processors/busses/etc at
the same IP address. I've run into people who tell me that many small
systems are a better solution than one multi-CPU RISC box; possibly
someone who believes that can provide an answer.

	Thanx,
	<mike