Re:pages

From: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 08:54:35 -0400
To: tony@ningaui.anu.edu.au (Tony Barry), Erik Aronesty <earonesty@montgomery.com>
Cc: "'www-talk@w3.org'" <www-talk@w3.org>, "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
At 12:11 PM +1000 6/12/97, Tony Barry wrote:
>At 11:11 PM 31/5/97, Erik Aronesty wrote:
>>Also, HTML prints very poorly and could benefit highly from a
>>specified/implied.
>>Without a specified page break it is impossible to build formatted
>>reports that print well.
>
>Material designed for printing is very difficult to read on screen.  If you
>want printing use postscript or pdf.  Better still, have your document in
>sgml so that they can be translated to whatever output format is required.
Speaking of which....
I'm having a hell of a time finding a SGML parser for the Macintosh that
works.  Does anyone know of a good one out there that's free or cheap?
Also, does anyone know of a good WYSIWYG SGML parser out there?

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]