Spam mail (Was Uncensored Web Site Hosting)

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 10:03:02 -0400
To: kdyer@draper.com, www-talk@w3.org
At 08:03 AM 5/7/97 -0400, Kevin J. Dyer wrote:

>Can someone at W3 filter this trash out of the W3 lists?

Unfortunately it is very hard to filter out automatically. We can block new
postings to the list from parties sending spam mail but this will not
remove the "first time spammer".

I think the best mechanism is to enforce the policy exactly as you did by
saying that we don't want spam mail and then refer to the W3C policy of
what is appropriate use of our mailing lists:

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Mail/Spam.html

Thanks for your efforts!

Henrik

World Wide Web Consortium