Help with MS IE

From: Aviram Carmi <avi@otn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 10:37:31 -0700
To: www-talk@www0.cern.ch, www-talk@w3.org
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the proper group for this, but you might be able to
direct me to the appropriate place.

Here is the problem.  I need to pass a hidden text input field that
contains a line break.  If I just enter a carriage return in the "VALUE="
it does not seem to work with MSIE.  Is there a way to escape the carriage

I tried %0A and %0D, but the "%" itself get escaped into %25.

I do not have the source code to the CGI that I am using, (it is a
commercial product), so I cannot just enter a unique string of characters
say '\n' and have the CGI replace that with a line break.

I do think it is a problem with MSIE, since also a TEXTAREA does not work.

i.e. if I enter multiple lines into the text area, MSIE also strips the
carriage returns from the input.

Am I doing anything wrong?  any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Aviram Carmi