Re: Is Your Web Site A Secret?

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 06:25:15 -0500
To: owl@owlsnest.com, www-talk@www0.cern.ch

Bulk distribution of commercial solicitation (often called spam mail) is
extremely impolite to the participants of a mailing list, and possibly
illegal. Therefore do not under any circumstance post any such mails to the
W3C mailing lists!

At 10:12 PM 4/1/97 -0500, owl@owlsnest.com wrote:
>     Is your web site the best kept secret on the Internet?
>
>     We'll promote it to 50 search engines and indexes for $85
>     and complete the job in 2 business days.  Satisfaction is
>     guaranteed!

If you have any problems finding out whether your posting is suited for our
mailing lists then have a look at

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Mail/Spam.html

Henrik

World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-348