Re: We need a META schema registry!

From: William F. Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:56:35 -0500 (EST)
To: michaelm@rwhois.net
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
Michael Mealling <michaelm@rwhois.net> writes to Benjamin Franz
<snowhare@netimages.com> et al.:

 :It's the high end users and companies that need the real metadata
 :system (and registry) that are the ones that are going to pay
 :the large amounts of money for servers and systems.

I don't understand; presumably the high end users
(i.e.,

 :libraries, document management systems, technical writers, etc

)
already have careful control over the code that generates what they
serve.

Therefore, I do not see why *additional* large amounts of money
should be involved.

                                   -- Bill

P.S. Don't forget Gresham's law: bad systems drive out good.  8>)