Re: Building a search engine!!!!

From: Jorge Rodriguez <el-george@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 22:04:25 -0800
To: Nick Arnett <narnett@verity.com>
CC: www-talk@w3.org
Nick Arnett wrote:

> I believe that the EWS engine only indexes the local server; I don't think
> it includes a spider.  I believe it also only can communicate with a server
> via CGI, rather than any of the higher-speed interfaces (NSAPI, ISAPI)  I
> invite you to look at Verity's SEARCH'97 Information Server, which addresses
> these issues.  A basic version of the Verity engine is included with
> Netscape servers.  See http://www.verity.com.
>
> I would also suggest that anyone with search-specific questions join the
> search mailing list -- search@mccmedia.com.  To join, send "subscribe" in
> the body of a message to search-request@mccmedia.com.
>
> Nick
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Verity Inc. -- Connecting People with Information
>
> Product Manager, Categorization and Visualization
> 408-542-2164; fax 408-541-1600; home office 408-733-7613
> http://www.verity.com
>
> Verity Inc.
> 894 Ross Drive
> Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Well Mr. Arnett,, thanks for replying to my message!

I just subscribed to the search mailing list,,,and i'll take a look at
the Search'97 in a couple of minutes,, and i'll write you to make u any
comments !!!!!!!!  I'll send you a short description of my project
"PlanetaLatino" and about which are my objectives on this project!!!!!

And another thing,, somebody told me about veryty's search engine and
that it was one of the best search engines avalible,, but my first
option on using was EWS because of a very simple reason,,, It's
free,,,and on the stage that i'm on my project (developing the web
site)  FREE is a very important word!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Again for replying,, it's a good thing contacting a person on a
company that is related with my project!!!!!!!!

Best REgards
Jorge Rodriguez