Help: How to implement 'Stop' feature in web browser

From: Peter Ho <pho@athens.ACTinc.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 12:05:45 -0700
To: <www-talk@w3.org>
Hi,

Sorry if I post it in a wrong place.

In my work place, I have to implement a 'cancel' feature for our client
program which is using libwww(ver. 2.15). In that libwww, we put additional
modules and changed something to fit our client program. But there is no
abort function inside the additional modules.

The question is how the web browser(IE & NE) implement the stop feature? Do
they just call some of the "abort" functions in the libwww? Or they have to
add code to do it.

Can somebody point me where I can find out the info. and code to implement
it?

Thank you.

Peter.