[SUMMARY] A table with fixed width?

From: Maurizio Codogno <mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:04:32 +0100 (MET)
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
Recently I asked why I cannot specify a fixed width in centimeters
for the length of a table, as hinted at in RFC1942.

Thanks to everyone who answered me, now I know the answer: HTML 3.2
implements a subset of the RFC, which allows only a length in pixels
(WIDTH=nnn) or in percentage with respect to the page length (WIDTH=nn%)
to be expressed. Netscape implements this subset, not the whole of
RFC1942. My own problem is resolved by using a relative width of 100%,
since of course a display pixel is quite different from a printer pixel :-)

I received answers from

Hemang Patel <hemang@bcpsparc.ucdavis.edu>
Boleslaw Mynarski <bolek@techie.com>
Fabio Preda <preda@italtel.it>