Re: [Q] Changing default name in a FORM

In article <199610080948.LAA26948@beatles.cselt.stet.it>,
mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it (Maurizio Codogno) wrote:
> I have a script which selects a file and send it to the user. It
> is accessed via a form, with action POST.
> Unfortunately, the file is sent with the form's name as default name,
> and the user should rename it by hand.

There's no direct solution, but you could make the files available
in a (hidden?) directory, and only send out a redirection to the
file in the form results:

Location: http://yourserver.com/dir/dir/file.zip

> (I cannot use a simple hyperlink, because I have to trace the request
> and modify an internal database without looking at the logs)

As long as you don't mind someone picking out the files by hand,
this should do what you want.

Galactus

- --
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665