Content Negociation: State of the art ?

From: Herve Frydlender <hfry@lep.research.philips.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 18:34:24 +0100
To: www-talk@w3.org
Hello,

I have spend some (a lot of) time to read the various contributions on
the content negociation issue.

I'm curently envolved in a big project aiming at providing traveller
informations to mobile users. We are now discussing the issue of having
the same service accessed through various terminals, for example from a
multimedia PC connected to a high bandwidth line down to a portable
device using GSM-data at 9.6Kb/s (it's a european project).

For us, content negociation deals mainly with terminal capabilities
(screen size, color vs B&W, memory, ... and client capabilities) but
also with connection capabilities (bandwidth, reliability, delay).

I'm very interested by this discussion and will appreciate any comment,
suggestion or reference of document.

Many thanks for your help
Best regards
Herve Frydlender
--
Laboratoires d'Electronique Philips S.A.S.    Phone: +33 (0) 1 4510 6876
B.P. 15 - 22, Av. Descartes                     Fax: +33 (0) 1 4510 6872