Re: Perl and Frame re-directs

From: Benjamin Franz <snowhare@netimages.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 10:47:26 -0700 (PDT)
To: Steven Elliott <elliott@cibertribe.pt>
Cc: www_talk <www-talk@w3.org>, Rauno Haapaniemi <reneh@netppl.fi>
On Thu, 30 May 1996, Steven Elliott wrote:

> Maybe I am not making myself clear since two individuals have replied
> to my queries without understanding the question.
[...]
> The question remains the same - How can one redirect HTML docs to
> different frames from WITHIN a PERL script????

Send your individual frames output to actual files (each file name unique
each time the script is called) reachable from your web server and have
the output master framed document from the CGI script point to those
physical files (don't actually output the master frame document until
*after* you have written the frame documents to the disk). Run a garbage
collector periodically to clean out the old files.

--
Benjamin Franz