Re: HTTP coding of Last-Modified requests?

From: Stephen Zagerman <steve@wco.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 14:57:57 -0700
To: www-talk@w3.org
Cc: decoux@moulon.inra.fr, hammond@csc.albany.edu, mcmanus@nysernet.org, jason.defontes@bts.gov, john@math.nwu.edu
Wow! I just got onto this list and got 5 quick answers (all correct) to my
first question... The answer being that the text should be:

HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.0 <CRLF> <CRLF>

Thanks for the responses... what you suggested worked in that it did elicit
a response... I notice though that while all servers return an up-to-date
"Date:" line, not all return the "Last-Modified:" line... any ideas how to
ensure that I'll always have one or the other which would indicate when the
page was last updated?

PS- I noticed that the 5 responses to my original message all replied to me
directly... is that the way you all do it on this list? No public