PERL SQL API and MANAGER

From: Jason T Vincent <Jason.T.Vincent@jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: 02 May 1996 16:58:27 -0700
To: "www-talk@w3.org" <www-talk@w3.org> (Return requested)

     Hey all,

     I'm a web-developer at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory for NASA.  My
     particular project is to create a database manager that can be used
     over the WWW.  I'd prefer the use of Perl and mSQL, since we already
     have some material using mSQL, and Perl seems to be the standard that
     we've been using.

     I'd like the users of the page to be able to:
     Create new databases
     Edit current databases (add keys, and fields)
     Submit new entries
     and of course Query a database

     I'm telling you all this because I was hoping that someone has already
     done this.  I'd hate to recreate the wheel. I'd also except as an
     alternative... the use of Microsoft Access and Visual Basic scripts.

     Let me know if you've accomplished this,

     Thanks,
     Jason T. Vincent
     jason.t.vincent@jpl.nasa.gov