Re: custom authentication functions

From: Darren New <dnew@yuan.fv.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:43:29 -0800 (PST)
To: Brandon Long <blong@uiuc.edu>
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Brandon Long wrote:
> There is a one line code change in most versions of NCSA HTTPd (at least
> 1.3 - 1.5) to make it pass the Authorization header through to CGI scripts.
> Remove the line in get_http_headers() in the strcasecmp(Authorization)
> section which says continue;.  This will cause the code to fall through
> and make the HTTP header into a CGI environment variable.

Thank you for the clue. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but I didn't
see that one in there anywhere. Now, if only doing that was legal, I'd be
happy, but I haven't been able to get anyone from NCSA to quote me a
price for a license for distributing a modified version of the server.

--
 Darren New / Dir. of Custom Software Design / First Virtual Holdings Inc.
Anyone can buy and sell information over the internet for real money TODAY!