Re: custom authentication functions

From: Darren New <dnew@yuan.fv.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 12:10:20 -0800 (PST)
To: marc@ckm.ucsf.edu
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Marc Salomon wrote:
> Lastly, not all authentication schemes are based on the login/passwd model.
> Some only have a single cryptic password.  It would be cool to specify the
> number of authentication terms required for a custom scheme so that users are
> not confused by being prompted with boxes they should ignore.

I agree. The ideal would be to provide a realm, a title of some sort, and
a list of prompts to take in values. "Basic" would then default to the
prompts of username and password with a title "Basic authentication" or
some such. The ability to configure some realms in the system as going
thru CGI and others being done more efficiently would also be good.

 Darren New / Dir. of Custom Software Design / First Virtual Holdings Inc.
Anyone can buy and sell information over the internet for real money TODAY!
  http://www.fv.com or info@fv.com  -=|=-  PGP key: finger dnew@yuan.fv.com
      This message brought to you by the letter T, and the number 1.