About Sending Authentication Header Using Java-applet

From: 鍾運光 Chung Yun-Kwong <ie825168@csie.fju.edu.tw>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 13:12:16 +0800
To: <www-talk@w3.org>
I've set the authentication of the path /MyPages/MySecret/ to username=John
and password=sesame on the WebSite 1.1 WWW-server.
Then I want to use a Java-applet to open a html page in that
password-locked path by sending HTTP request header ALONG WITH the username
and password, so that NO pop-up username/password dialog will appear and
just strait-forward to that page.
So, my question is what is the HTTP request header would be ?
Is that :
   GET /MyPages/MySecret/index.html\r\n
   Authenticate: blah blah\r\n
   .