Re: Graphics capabilities

From: Daniel W. Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 03:39:32 -0400
To: Peter Davis <pdavis@copernicus.bbn.com>
cc: www-talk@w3.org
cc: chris@w3.org
In message <199607161525.LAA19084@copernicus.bbn.com>, Peter Davis writes:
>I'm looking
>for up-to-date information on any efforts to define/extend graphics
>capabilities for the Web.  Any pointers to relevant documents, archives,
>discussions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

From the W3C perspective, the home of this set of issues is:

Chris Lilley is the contact point. Hmmm... seems he hasn't touched
that overview hardly at all. I know he revised the activity statement:

The latest buzz is PNG. Joe-bob says: check it out!

>Please pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to this mailing list.
>Again, my apologies if this is inappropriate for this list.

Not at all. In fact, this list is explicity documented as
a forum for discussion of graphics issues:

Background and Discussion

Technical questions and proposals about graphics and the web are
discussed here. Be sure to do your homework before posting! You might
find some messages discussing graphics by searching/browsing the
archive. Keep an eye out for Chris Lilley, who seems to have a lot of
experience with graphics and hypermedia technology and standards.