Running Perl Scripts

From: Steve Worden <sworden@access.digex.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 09:57:35 -0400
To: "'www-talk@w3.org'" <www-talk@w3.org>
Here's a situation I need some help with, also.

Situation is - Using website as my testbed server (windows 95/NT). I have an html in htdocs with forms for mailing a response. I am calling :

/cgi/bin/mailform.cgi

In my cig-bin directory I have mailform.cgi and cig-lib.pl (both needed).

They are both set to call         #!/usr/bin/perl    however I am not sure that this can be done because this in a Windows server not Unix.

I have perl5 loaded at c:\perl5 (right version?)

Questions are....1. what do I use instead of #!/usr/bin/perl on a windows machine when perl lives in c:\perl5?

Question 2: is perl5 the correct version? Don't seem to have much guidance from the books I'm looking through. However I loaded this from a CD from "CGI programming with Perl" which didn't give me much help either. However it tends to lean toward Unix.

				Thanks ya all,
				SteveW