<OL>, stylesheets, HTML3, Netscape2.0

From: Mirsad Todorovac <tm@rasips2.rasip.etf.hr>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:27:02 +0100 (MET)
To: www-talk@w3.org
Cc: tm@rasips2.rasip.etf.hr (Mirsad Todorovac)
For the HTML and CSS guru's:

Is there a way outside of CSS to change numbering style of <OL> elements,
and/or bullet style of <UL> elements.

I've tried with Netscape-2.0, and it fails to render even something that
simple as <UL PLAIN> or <MENU> as specified in HTML3 draft (bullets remain).
Is there a simple way to change <OL> numbering style to a, b, ... (lower-alpha)
and/or leave out bullets using <UL> elements.  I mean, it cannot be just
_impossible_ to do it, it is a simple thing...

I've searched through www-talk, www-html & www-style postings, but I have found
nothing that works, only proposals.  Answer?

Many thanks in forward -- Mirsad

--
    | Mirsad Todorovac					|
    | Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing	|