From: ALASTAIR AITKEN CLMS <A.Aitken@unl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 15:53:15 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html@w3.org
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
TIAFAR,

I'd like to either exclude the background specified in the <body ... > </body>
statement from a <table ... > </table> *or* specify a different background
for the table.  As far as I am aware I cannot do either.  Does anyone know
better?  Has anyone wanted to do this and couldn't?  Does anyone else want
to?

I am developing CGI'd databases, would like to have backgrounds in the
forms but do not want these backgrounds to encroach into the tables that
contain the actual database entry prompts and fields.

Alastair Aitken (http://www.unl.ac.uk/~alastair/)