HTTP-NG Server & Client Mechanisms

From: Ashish Kolli <ashishk@wankel.me.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 20:48:55 -0800
To: www-talk@w3.org
Hi,
	As part of a course on World Wide Web Technologies, I am gathering
a group of students in CMU to implement the HTTP-NG protocol and come up
with a prototype client and server. The goal of this work is to measure
the performance benefits of the HTTP-NG protocol and also to make prototypes
available to the Web community so that people can use them to give further
shape to the HTTP-NG protocol. The project is going to be executed in three
phases:
(1) Implementing communications based on the Session Control Protocol
(2) Incorporating (1) into existing server/client code. (NSCA or WWWlib)
(3) Adding some extensions like "load sharing" among servers.

	Before we start off the project I would like to know if you folks
have any comments or issues that you think we should consider for this work.

thanks for your time.

- Ashish
Ashish Kolli, Carnegie Mellon University
Email :	ashishk+@cmu.edu
WWW   : http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ashishk/