Re: need performance info (CGI/NT)

From: Paul Everitt <paul@digicool.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 09:52:21 -0500
To: "Gregory J. Woodhouse" <gjw@best.com>
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
We are making freely available our distributed object technology that
allows one to skip CGI, and connect to long-running processes on
different platforms using CORBA-compliant calls.  We also are working on
publishing OLE connections as long-running processes, available from
most Unices and Win32.

And yes, there is support for NT :^)  (...at least, for Netsite)

For more info, check out our evolving documentation at:
  http://www.digicool.com/
or send email to:
  info@digicool.com

For more info on things like this, check out Dan Connolly's page:
  http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/OOP/

FWIW, the performance seems to be about 2.5 times faster than CGI, and
within statistical error of getting HTML pages.  Just preliminary
numbers, so I'm not trumpetting them yet.

--
Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909