Re: CGI & Location

From: Siddharth Tiku <tiku@sonicsys.stph.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 11:48:57 +0500
To: www-talk@w3.org

>Would a mechanism to allow the user to specify extra headers for urls
>work better?  It seems kinda heavyweight to launch a CGI script just to
>add a header.
>
>Brandon

I think it will be useful in passing some directives to browsers.
e.g. a client can be informed not to cache the particular resource, server is
dispatching to it.

Such a thing can be really useful in processing Clickable maps where we
have to launch CGIs anyway and we don't incur much overhead by specifying
extra headers.

Siddharth Tiku