Re: URL Expansion proposal

From: Chuck Thompson <chuckt@nkn.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 09:40:29 -0600 (CST)
To: www-talk@w3.org
Israel...

I'm just a lurker on this list.  I read it regularly to keep up and to learn, most of it goes over my
head.

Wouldn't it be easier for the browser manufacturers to write something which inserts "http://www." when
the cursor is placed on the address line?  If they did that, it would help to overcome one of the
arcane aspects of web surfing for newbies and save keystrokes for the knowbies.  Obviously, if any
portion of the inserted address fragment were unwanted, the user could just highlight it and overwrite
it.

Chuck Thompson