Augmenting HTTP to stop information leaks via local intermediaries

I just posted an article to comp.infosystems.www.misc proposing an
extension to the HTTP/1.0 protocol that proxy servers and other
intermediaries can use inside their local domains to prevent
information from leaking out of that local domain.

Rather than repost it again here, I'll just put a pointer to it:
<URL:news:4d6ktf$75r@cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu>

Comments encouraged.  If there are better ways of doing this
being worked on, that's great, but I'd gotten enough feedback locally
to know that something was needed in short order.

John Mark Ockerbloom