Re: Termination of POST body

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 09:33:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: William Perry <wmperry@spry.com>
Cc: Paul Phillips <paulp@cerf.net>, www-talk@w3.org

Happy New Year to everyone on www-talk ; shana tova v'metuka

On Tue, 26 Sep 1995, William Perry wrote:
>   I've never run across a client that didn't send content-length.

Bill -

I have some special purpose clients that use POST for transfer of large
objects whose size cannot be calculated in advance without undue burden.
I use self-delimited encodings that bear a remarkable resemblance to
HTTP-NG. It works fine with ncsa/apache and with website, and is in-spec
for /1.0 so it ought to work with everything. Maybe I could run this NG in
1.0 code over ange's 1.0->NG->1.0 relay :)

Simon