server or Netscape buffer data before send / printin out

From: David Zlotchenko <zlotchen@solar.rtd.utk.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 20:25:01 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-talk@w3.org
Hello,

I am writing a CGI application for a conferencing WWW system.  I need the
server to send and the client to output small portions of data as they
become awailable.  But, the I ran in to the following problem:  the data
gets printed on the screen only by accumulated chanks of approximate size
3700K (or end of connection of course).  I do not know whether the server
holds the output from the script until it accumulates a packet of 3700K
or the Netscape does it.

I played with header fields, ex. Content-Length: XXX, but in vain.

Does anyone know what: the client or the server, hold the data, and how
can I change the size of the packet to be sent?

We are running NCSA httpd_1.4.1 and Netscape 1.1N

Thank you very much.  David.
--
David Zlotchenko
Research Services                      Phone: (01) (615) 974-6601